The Holocaust

A Poem about the Holocaust written by Matthew Mayer

The Holocaust

Punished and tortured like a slave
What did we do to deserve this?
Why do we go through so much pain?
Where is my beloved family I so badly want?
I don’t want to work but I am forced
But I stop and weep bitterly
And think: why kill me for such a silly thing,
For not being perfect, as one crazy man wishes.
They make me work for my freedom,
But instead they plan to take my life.

Where is the justice? Where is the peace?
Where is the love? Where is the kindness?
Where is my god? Why has he left me?
Where is the god that saved the Israelites from slavery?
Where is the god that gave my ancestors freedom?
Where is he for his people? Why has he deserted us?
Can he not hear me crying? Can he not see us dying?
Can he not feel our hunger or taste our pain?
These monsters have tarnished my faith yet I still believe
Why?

Popular posts from this blog

The inspector calls and how it relates to biblical parables.

How does Priestley convey his message in An Inspector Calls?

Tybalt is to blame for this tragedy - Romeo and Juliet Essay

The Mayor of Casterbridge - Why is the ring at Casterbridge a suitable place for Henchard to meet Susan?

How does a river change along its course?

Why George R.R. Martin Reigns Supreme Over J.R.R. Tolkien